It was a frustrating day yesterday...
- I woke up at 6.00 to get to work by 7.45. I'm not a morning person so the fact tt I've to wake up early really pisses me off esp if it is not for something worthwhile.
- I reached at 7.30 while my CEO arrived at 8.05- Our appointment was 10.30.
- It will take us 2 Hrs to got there cos it is out of town
- CE drove to my Head of Faculty's (HOF) house at 20km/h. Upon reaching he sped up and din realise a bump ahead.
- My HOF took over the driving. On the highway he decided to follow the speed limit strictly which was 110km/h. I'm used to going at 140km/h.
- Plus we were late.
- Reached the venue and discovered that the personel tt we were suppose to meet went outstation for a workshop.
- Came back and went to the exam centre where my students were sitting for their exams.
- Found out tt there was some construction work going on outside the exam centre.
- The washrooms were also far- two blocks away.
- Came back to college at 4 where I was given the news tt i will be invigilating again today.
- This is the world's most boring job.
So all the above made me very frustrated yesterday. It also made me angry with three people:
The receptionist: When we arrived and asked for the personel, the receptionist told us tt she had a meeting. We thought it was an internal meeting so we tod him tt we will wait for her. He said fine- we can wait for her. 15 minutes later, he told us tt she went outstation. I am angry with the fact tt when I asked for the first time he should know tt she went outstation. Why did he have to make us wait for 15 minutes before telling us tt she was actually not around. this is utterly rubbish and clear cut inefficiency..
The Stupid personel: I made an appointment with her on Saturday. Saturday is only three days away from Tuesdau. Won't u know tt u are going for a workshp three days before it?Workshps are not planned within a short period of time. Unless it is some screwed up workshop which then explains why she is going. Is she stupid or blind? I asked her to check her schedule on Saturday and she confirmed many times tt she was free on Tuesday. I just don't get this kind of thing.. I was very angry with her. If i have the chance i will scold her the next time she fix an appointment with her. Unfortunately I'm not talking to her. My admin exec will be doing the talking.
The School personel:I met with the school personel to see if they could ensure tt construction will not be carried out during the exam period. They, of course, refused, or else I would not be frustrated the whole day. they said the work had been going on for a long time and they want to get it over and done with it altho i don't see the urgency for it..
So tt was how my day went- the only thing tt pacify me was tt i had my favourite food for lunch...